Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nails continued...

Sorry I know I was supposed to write about this last week, however, I have been very, very busy lately... So here I am writing, way past my bedtime...

Ok, so nails, How on earth do I get my nail polish to stay you ask??

First things first, no cutting corners now.
You have to file your nails, you can just use the smoothing side of the file, you don't have to file the heck out of them, just enough to smooth them out. Then use either nail polish remover or alcohol and remove all dust particles from the nail. Then proceed with your nail polish, and go in light coats, do not try and do thick coats, this actually takes longer. The thicker the coat of nail polish the longer it takes to dry. If you apply thin coats they actually dry in a couple of minutes. Another tip, paint your nails before you take a shower, that way if you get any nail polish on the skin, it will come off when you shower.

This goes for both finger nails and toe nails!

Enjoy! Let me know if this works for you!

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I'm polishing my nails tonight, well with Whit's help...thanks for the tip!! I had him read your post too so he'd know how he has to file my nails. :)
Thanks honey.

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Thanks for the tip!! I don't think I've polished my finger nails this entire pregnancy...yikes I need a major manicure!