Friday, May 14, 2010

Hooray, summer is coming!

With summer just around the corner, I like to go through my makeup bag and throw out any old makeup, and start looking at foundation for the summer. Yes, I change my foundation in the summer, I will more than likely need the next shade up, and I rarely get any darker than that, I am not a sun goddess, nor do I have any desire to stay under the sun for prolonged periods of time to bronze my skin. No, thank you! I will steer clear!

So, my little sister about six months ago introduced me to a new Clinique foundation. It is called Even Better with SPF 15. What?! A foundation that covers and protects me from the sun! Whooohooo! Yea, but it doesn't stop there folks! This foundation also evens out your skin tone. No, I am not just talking about covering it up; I am talking about treating it. While I was pregnant, I seemed to collect dark spots on my face like crazy. So, I figured I would give it a try, even though it was a bit more expensive then my normal foundation, but hey, Clinique always guarantees their products so what do I have to worry about.

I have to admit that when I first started using it, I told my sister, I just do not like the texture of it, I don't think I am going to get used to this. Then, a few days later, I noticed hmmm, I am seeing a little difference here... Maybe, I will keep using it. Then for comparisons sake I used my old foundation which was Clinique's perfectly real, I preferred the new one! It is so much lighter! Plus, it is doing triple duty on my skin!

So usually in the summer, I wear a tinted moisturizer on the weekends, however, this summer, I think I will just wait until I have a touch of color and go and get my new summer shade of Even Better!

No comments: